Monday, October 3, 2011

Where am I?!

On Sunday, Nick and I (despite the constant rain) decided to make a recycling run since it doesn't get picked up at our townhouse. We loaded up the truck and headed out in the general direction. I had been there once before and he hadn't. A few minutes into our trip Nick asked me where his next turn was going to be. Huh?!?! I don't know...

I've been so scared of getting lost that I've basically been using the GPS as a crutch since we've been here. Nick thought it might be time that I stopped using it so that I can actually learn where things are around here. fine.

I had a ton of errands to run today and I decided I would give it a shot. I went to the DMV this morning without even getting the GPS out of the glove box! So what that I had been there once already and it was basically one right turn. I did it okay. I was feeling pretty confident so I gave it another shot. The doctors office. I've been there twice before. No biggie, right? I got lost. I guess two right turns are a little too much for me to handle just yet.

Not sure what I was thinking a little while later when I was trying to navigate my way out of a part of town I hadn't driven through yet. They really mean it when the sign(s) say no right on red. First official ticket in the Commonwealth of Virginia. I don't even have my driver's license yet.

On a lighter note, the DMV thought I may have stolen someone's identity today. Not sure if you knew this, but when I was born my name was Kristine. Two weeks later my mom decided that I wasn't a Kristine, so she changed it. When my birth certificate came in the mail - instead of printing a new one - they crossed out Kristine and typed in Kimberly in slightly smaller font just above it. Totally threw 'em for a loop. They had to call the state of Illinois to make sure I was who I said I was.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment