Saturday, October 15, 2011

Keep your fingers crossed!

Speaking of not having a job, I had an interview yesterday.  There is a company I have been keeping my eyes on for a while now.  I actually applied for a job opening they had listed on their website the night before Nick and I left Georgia.  I called about once a week (and emailed) until I got a hold of Bob, the guy I needed to talk to, last week.  He told me they had filled that position but he thinks there will be an open position that I would be more suited for.  He told me to call him back early this week.  So I called about twice a day until I got him on the phone and he asked me in for an interview the next day!

It went really well.  Bob was very nice, funny, and super chatty.  I got some really great vibes while I was there and was really impressed with everything he told me about their business model and how they all work together.

We talked for about an hour and towards the end he said, "well, I already know I want you to come back for a second interview". That sounds promising, right?!  I'll know Monday or Tuesday when my second interview will be and hopefully it will go just as well.  I'll meet with the design team and show my portfolio (which now I have to get together........).

I heard once that this guy really wanted to work for this company so what he did was basically bother them until he got an interview.  That was definitely my strategy here.  I know a lot of people don't want to seem like a bother or feel like they might be getting on someone's nerves, but you know what, it shows persistence and determination.  Those are qualities employers are looking for, not someone who just waits around.  And in my case, the only person I may have been bothering was the receptionist.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, that's awesome!!! Postiive energy your way!!! Miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. fingers crossed, girlfriend!! and hey - the receptionist is not one to take lightly. you should bake her something after you get the job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! (and look, we can be blog buddies now!)

    ReplyDelete