Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Two posts in one day? Holy shit - I need a job.
I just met with Jazma. She is an investigator with with Federal government. She is working on Nick's security clearance and is making sure that everything Nick has said about himself is true. If you are one of the lucky ones Nick has put as a reference don't worry, it was easy and not scary (not like that Mad Men episode). No men in suits, she wore flip flops.
Jazma is from Atlanta. We started talking about Georgia and she asked me how I liked it here. I've been asked that a few times and I never knew what to say, so I'd normally respond "Um, well, it's...different". So when she asked me what I thought about Virginia I started with my usual response, but she completed my sentence for me, "it's different" she said. It was nice knowing that I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to respond to that. We started talking about all things we both miss about Georgia and all the things that we also like about living here in Virginia. It's weird. I like it here, but I miss Georgia (and my people) so much.
So here is what I am going to do: I am going to pretend that I am back in Georgia and what I would do if I was there. Below are my sisters/sisters-in-law (and nieces, of course) whom I miss terribly and what we would do together if I were still in Georgia/Athens. Carol, you don't count in this because I get to see you in a week and a half!!!
Kelly: I think both of us would just be back in Disney World.
Colleen: sorting through all our baby pictures and laughing about all the memories (and the fights).
Allison: just chatting in your kitchen while drinking delicious coffee and doing something crafty.
Helen: boot-camp at the Y with the one-and-only Brad and then walking with David in the stroller, we're probably heading to Ike & Jane's.
Kate: eating take-out and watching Eastbound and Down, and since this is pretend, we ran together earlier and I kept up with you.
Stephanie: hanging out at your house after a party you and Peter just had, then going to Aqua Linda for Mexican food. yum.
Sarah + Josey: painting each others finger nails and playing a silly game Sarah has invented.
Don't get me wrong, I am not sad, I just miss home and can't wait to see everyone (hopefully) at Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment