Saturday, October 1, 2011

Penalty: Delay of Game

I've been a big-time slacker on the posting front.  I apologize to the many of you that have been refreshing this page daily.

Well, I had a great birthday last weekend.  So much better than I could have imagined.  It helped that Philip and Malory were here to bring a little bit of Athens soul with them.  We jam-packed the two days they were here with lots of touristy things and I had a great time.  It was so exciting to see the White House for the first time - even though we've been living in metro DC for over a month.  We saw most of the monuments and went to the Smithsonian American Art Museum.  It was great, but I was hoping for a little more modern art.  I really wanted to see a Jackson Pollack or a Rothko, but not one.  I think I'll try the National Gallery of Art next time.  We did however see sculpture from my favorite furniture designer/sculptor, Harry Bertoia.  It was one of those perfect moments where we were getting to the end and I was feeling a little sad, not seeing any of my favorites and I turned a corner and BAM.  There she was.
Sculpture Group Symbolizing the World's Communication
We also went to the Nationals/Braves game on Sunday.  It wasn't the same as Turner Field and it made me miss it a little bit.  It didn't help that we got slaughtered (not even one run!) and that everyone around you is cheering for the other team, but I have to say the hotdog was probably one of the best hotdogs ever.  You win there too Nats.

I loved getting so many cards and gifts in the mail in the past week!  It was fun coming home to surprises and feeling all the love from so far away.  I got to go shopping, we're going to the movies (!!!), and I feel so inspired from all my creative peeps.  So, thank you EVERYONE for all of the birthday love.

Below are pictures I stole from Malory's facebook, apologies if it's redundant to some of you. :)

Also, keep an eye out for all of my many projects I've been working on lately.  I've been a crafting, painting machine. :)

No Obama or Michelle :-/
WWII Memorial -- that's me to the left!
Honest Abe
Capital
Malory really wanted to see the reflecting pool, but it's just a smelly mud pit now...








1 comment:

  1. awesome! it looks like you guys had so much fun! i can't wait for my turn at touring around dc with you!

    ReplyDelete