By long weekend, I mean that we had many days, not that it was terrible or anything. Nick has what the feds call "alternative work schedule" which means he works longer days so that he gets every other Friday off. Sometimes this it works out where the Friday he has off is the one before a long weekend. So he had a four day weekend and guess what?! It didn't rain!!
Here's an Office quote because it's funny and relevant:
"Robert: You want a three and a half day weekend for Columbus Day?
Andy: Yes I do.
Robert: And you are aware Columbus and his legions committed genocide against an entire civilization of Native Americans?
Andy: I don't care."
Friday and Saturday we didn't really do much. We did meet up with Nick's friend Chris at this restaurant up in Crystal City where the UGA Alumni meets to watch the UGA games. Yay for a win!
 |
| The leaves are changing! |
We decided at the last minute Saturday night to go camping/hiking on Sunday and Monday. We found this cute little State Park about an hour or so away. We had to hike about a mile to the site and we hiked a few miles around the park on Sunday. The area is beautiful and the trails lead right up to the Appalachian Trail. We thought it was crazy that that trail essentially could take us home to Georgia. I was tempted for a second to say "let's do it!" until Nick told me it would take about 2 or 3 months to walk home. No thanks, maybe later.
I'm pretty sure everyone who was also hiking had never seen a dog with her own backpack before. Juno was a big hit and got lots of attention. We decided to get her a patch from the park that I'm going to sew on her pack so that she can show off all of the hikes she does. That might be silly, but I don't care. :)
 |
| Our site & teeny-tiny tent |
Our tent is waaay too small for the three of us and I got NO sleep. For one, I probably shouldn't have taken a Zyrtec because they always knock me out and it didn't help that Juno
has to sleep right on my legs. Also, I hit myself in the face with a twig I was trying to break in half for the fire and got a bruise. Ouch! (
...why do I always share those embarrassing stories?! I hope you guys are enjoying them...) So, I woke up super tired and we decided to just pack up and head home. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. It was nice to get out of town for a little bit.
 |
| She loves to hike! |
 |
| And to camp. |
 |
| playing cards by the camp fire |
 |
| This road was built in 1858! |
 |
| So pretty. |
Oh, and by the way, it's raining here again.
those pictures are beautiful! i'm glad you guys had a fun time. i think it's way cool to get juno patches for her pack. we put stickers on our snowboards...
ReplyDelete