 |
| Our living room / bedroom |
So here we are, in Virginia. The move up here moved very slow and very fast at the same time, if that's possible. Timing ended up being just about perfect with our move. Hurricane Irene helped a little. Nick was going to head up on Saturday, to give him some time to settle in at his friend Chris' before he started work on Monday. However, the hurricane was moving so slowly that if he left Saturday he would have driven straight through it just to wait for it to hit Alexandria. Waiting until Sunday to leave ended up being a great idea. Bill and Carol let us take the futon to sleep on and Nick was able to bring it up in the truck because all the rain had moved north. Our landlord was also able to meet Nick right when he got there that evening to hand over the keys! Nick got to sleep in our house that night!
Juno and I stayed at my grandparents Sunday night. It was really nice to get to spend some quality time with them. All this week I have been trying to keep myself busy with figuring out how to become official Virginians and prepping the house for our stuff to arrive. On that note, they have come and re-packed it all and is ready for the truck, which is coming on Tuesday. When it will be brought to us is still unknown, but we have been told the 14th is approximate. As long as it is here by my birthday at the end of the month, I will be happy. A word the the wise, though: if you ever find yourself in a situation like this, DO NOT pack your coffee maker, whatever you do. Instant coffee sucks. ;-)
 |
| Our dining room :) |
 |
| Mini bottle of champagne from our new neighbor |
Our lives are much simpler for the time being - which is nice, for now. I'll need to find a job soon or I'll go nuts and run out of things to buy at the two-story Target (yes, I said
two stories!). We have been taking some really nice walks to the neighborhood park / lake / hiking trails. I'll post pictures if I ever remember to take the camera on our next walk. I feel very safe there as there are always people (and girls) running, walking dogs, and mountain biking on the trails. I like seeing the little bike gangs of kids goofing off. Juno seems to like her patio too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment