Thursday, September 8, 2011

One week down, a whole lot more to go

Ta-Da!  See below...
Well, our first week came and went.  Nick loves his job and will be getting involved in one of the projects pretty soon.  I have had mostly ups and some downs this week.  It was much harder coping than I had anticipated and I got really homesick this weekend.  Its been hard not knowing anyone!  Nick made me feel better with a trip to Home Depot for new paint for the dining room!  We also found a really great place to watch the football game Saturday (let's not go there though...) and enjoyed exploring around Alexandria.  Also, a trip to REI to take advantage of the sales and our dividend was good to both of us!
Before

Too bad Verizon came and uglied up my new favorite space before I really got to enjoy it.  Apparently all that is, is a battery back-up for the internet??  Funny, you would think they would ask where I wanted all that equipment before they screwed it in to my walls.  Don't worry, they are coming out to fix the mess. ;)

UGH.
Well, its been raining (or, rather, pouring) for three days straight.  Juno is getting stir-crazy and to be honest, so am I.  I just want to sit on my patio!  It is probably a good thing that I can't waste my days day-dreaming any more now that we are connected to the outside world.  The job hunting must now begin!  I started my day today with a promising voicemail in regards to a resume I submitted last week.  Lets hope it is fruitful.


Man oh man, I cannot wait to have my bed back.  Seven days (and six nights) to go until we get our stuff!  Nick is hoping it will come sooner, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  First thing I am going to do when we get unpacked:  make a pot of coffee and drink it in bed!  Okay, lets face it, I'm not going to wait to get all the way unpacked to do that.  It'll happen when the bed is made and I find that dang coffee maker.

Cute picture of Juno, just because.









4 comments:

  1. The furniture should be traveling north right now !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dining room looks great! And I agree with you completely...coffee in bed is the ultimate luxury. Especially when you're not the one making it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nearly kissed my phone - Juno is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete