Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oh, Hey There.

Hello adoring fans! I am back and ready to blog again! This post was requested weeks ago by my dear friend (and crazy talented musician) Sarah Tollerson.  You should listen to her song "Love You All the Time". I have a particular soft spot for that one. Sarah, I know I broke my promise, but here you are. I hope it satisfies. ;-) 

It has been three and one half months since I have written to you all.  Coincidentally it has also been three and one half months since I started my job.  Which, by the way, I love.  I have had so many great experiences and have learned so much while having a lot of fun in the process.  Also, I got promoted! whatwhat. :) It feels so good that all of the hard work and extra years I put into getting my degree payed off and is being recognized.

Gone are the days where I sat on the futon Google searching random things, writing blog posts, listening to the entire Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on my iPod (twice...) and spending way too much money at Target. Well, maybe the Target thing hasn't really changed. Also, gone are the days where I woke up and cried on Saturdays and Sundays because I didn't want to be here.  Things are definitely different from our life in Georgia, but I think we have adjusted.  It has helped that we have a few friends to do things with on the weekends, Nick plays soccer and climbs a couple days a week, and I FINALLY joined the gym. I just need to find where I packed all that motivation. Anyone have any they can spare? It also helps that I have something to do during the day, You know, like a job.

I am really looking forward to Helen and baby David moving up here in May/June!! Jesse is already here and living with us. That's another thing to add to the adjustment list. I don't think it is any secret that having your brother-in-law (i.e. your husband's sister's husband) move in with you is hard for everyone involved. However, I do enjoy coming downstairs to fresh brewed coffee on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Thanks bro. :)

Here is a quick list of "Things That I Probably Would Have Blogged About But Didn't":
  1. We bought a couch! The futon is still our TV room couch, but at least we have one piece of furniture that is new and not something we inherited while in college (or picked up off the side of the road).
  2. Juno now goes to Doggie Daycare once a week. While she was there over Thanksgiving she made a friend named Aurora. They played all day and the owners had to make them stop paying at night to go to bed. They usually see each other every Wednesday. So sweet.
  3. Community is the funniest show. Ever.
  4. My iPhone is in the mail! I am finally getting caught up in the phone-technology arena.
  5. We drove up to Syracuse NY last weekend to visit Malory! We had a great time and even went up to Ithaca, which reminded us of Athens a made us all a little homesick. And it was snowing while we were there!
  6. Also last weekend, Helen and David came up to visit Jesse. I was blown away by how much that little monster grew since Christmas. I cannot wait to see those two again (and for longer than a meal).
  7. Thank you Virginia for giving us a wimpy winter (no sarcasm intended). As much as I want to know what its like to have snow not melt the day after it falls, I was not actually ready.
Okay. That should be good for now.  I swear you will hear from me again soon.

3 comments:

  1. An update AND a shout out!? Who could ask for more? :) I'm glad you're adjusting. Moving to a new place is so hard! Just stay patient, I think you've figured out it will keep getting better and better. When I first got to Nashville, I would be SO bummed out on the weekends, because Dan worked and I didn't have any other real friends. M - F was my only social life; I was the weirdo moping around on Fridays. Thankfully, that has changed. :) Happy for you guys... hopefully I will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I'd thought you'd DIED.


    Goin to Florida tomorrow, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great first post back. can't wait to see you this weekend!! david says he needs some auntie kim time.

    ReplyDelete